Housing, Economic Development, Transportation
The Housing, Economic Development and Transportation Research Center (HEDTRC) conducts rigorous research and performs technical assistance work designed to inform both policymakers and practitioners in the planning and development fields. Clients include local, state, and federal government agencies and organizations in the private and non-profit sectors.
For the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), HEDTRC staff conducted research to identify appropriate baseline information and an associated analytic structure for future evaluations of HUD’s restructured 602 Nonprofit Disposition Program. For HUD’s Partnership for Advancing Technology in Housing, Optimal used both telephone- and web-based survey instruments to conduct a nationally representative study of consumer perceptions regarding factory- and site-built housing and associated technologies. And, as the Technical Assistance and Program Support Contractor, Optimal provided HUD with a variety of services to assist in the execution of the Moving to Work Demonstration Program.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Economic development methods and programs
- Community development initiatives
- Growth management and innovative development strategies
- Public and subsidized housing programs and operations
- Transportation policy and initiatives
- Energy law, procedures, and programs
- Federal-state-local housing policy and program coordination
- Program evaluation
- Database design
- Statistical analyses using SAS, STATA, and SPSS
- GIS analyses
- Custom econometric modeling
- Impact analyses
- Survey design and administration
- Focus groups
- Semi-structured and structured interviews
For more information, e-mail us at email@example.com.